Wednesday, June 29, 2005

One hell of a trip

Normal things were happening abnormally, until last week when something normal to me was so abnormal to everybody. Went home after office on monday. BH says her grani is sick……..me goes ok…she goes……NO she is really sick…me goes ok should we leave. She says yes. That started my trip to my native place…….the last time I was there was when my uncle passed away. Rush to Koyambedu – CMBT……the Vegetable and flower market……that place always reminds me of my days with kuldip singh. Take a bus to madurai -à take a another bus from madurai to sankarankovil….and take the car from there to go to my inlaw’s village which is jus next to my native place. The place has not changed a bit xcept for better roads from no roads and a lot of suzlon wind turbines….that was a happy sight. Later got to know that my place lies on the path of the heavy winds flowing through the sengottai pass. The grani was in dead bed. People in villages let the Old die. Everybody was waiting for her to pop. Me went to my village exchange pleasantries with every villager (it a small hamlet--- everybody knows each other). Drove to coutrallam had a sip and went to thenni the next day. That was one tiring ride in a barebone bus. Was planning to return the next day to Chennai, when somebody call up and said that the grani has popped. There was a huge commotion. Drove to the village in the early morning, finished all the rites and rituals of the village, drove back to madurai for BH’s viva(i kinda like to drive in the south - less traffic, sepentine roads and always a mountain in u r view). Finished the business, drove back to thenni from madurai – could see the beautiful lights of kodai from andipatti – greats roads – No wonder this being Ammas Constituency. The next day went to bodi……this place is on the foothills of the Wghats some 60 km from munnar. Came back to madurai and boarded the train to Chennai. Back to the factory.
Comments:
Kodai was planned thing. granny's stuff was unplanned. Party? Bil stood me up.........pras and meself ended up in a tasmac.......2 SandPiper each...that ended the day.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?